More Whofest aftermath (Big Hits And Fazed Cookies)

> a very good one. I could not put it better than that myself.(take a bow
Mark

Derick:

You're way too kind, dude.

> Next year anyone ?

Yes, PLEASE! I don't want to wait a year, but then again I'm already here.

> while all other memorabilia is under glass, Pete's guitar is unbelievably
> displayed without protection or cover for the instrument. Ditto for
John's
> bass that is archived there. John's seemed intact, but Pete's had most
> likely been vandalized. It's idiotic.
>
> What!!!!!!
> AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
> I can't believe I just read that!!!!!!!!

All right; it's true it's not under glass or protected. Blame the Hard
Rock.

> Whoa!  What I wouldn't give to see that!

Bill:

According to Jeff, there may be some of these videotapes available. I'm
looking into it.

> Glad you all had a good time and
> wish I coulda been there.

Me too! Next time!

>    Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks for the scoop on the fest.
Wish
> i could've been there, sounds like a great time.

Jeff:

Well...we wish you'd been here too, but one of the things brewing in the
background (not after this note, I guess) is that we MAY be able to have
the next Whofest right at the Center. I would never suggest such a thing,
but Virginia did. So maybe; it would be nice and that way it would make it
possible for everyone to experience all that we did (and all that we didn't
have time for, which was undoubtedly a lot more). Then again, as Derick so
humorously pointed out to me: there are no bars in the Baba Center (which,
if we haven't mentioned, is 500 acres). And while that may be a good thing
for me...anyway, there IS a Hooters within shouting distance of the
entrance (and a Mall, for that matter), not to mention a lot more
bars/clubs within 5 miles or so. The tastes of Who fans CAN be
accommedated.
It's such a serene place, and it almost emotes a calming aura...what I'm
getting at is that those who do stay there, and the cabin rates are
insanely low, would have to restrain themselves from leaping in the air and
other such behavior...even PT doesn't do that while here's there, you know.
But it sounds like it would be a lot of fun to have the Fest there, and
quite fulfilling. Better done in the Fall or Spring than summer, since the
cabins don't have AC. Hmmm....maybe a series of Fests throughout the year?
And all through the country? Sounds to ME like that might be the best
solution.

>    In our case in Myrtlebeach, we did just the opposite, the event
> was free,we devised our own little agenda and did not really expect
> too many people to show, (although roughly 20 people said they would
> be there). Only a handful turned up but we still had a great time !

Hear, hear!

> very happy to work with anyone that may be interested in a Whofest

Me too, be it here or elsewhere. There's a Baba Center in California, too,
and also one in London.