Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #186

Hello Who fans
Does anybody know of anywhere too go in the UK to pay you,re respects
to the great Keith Moon. It is 21 years on the 7th of September that a
modern day hero tragically died, and i feel it only to right to pay
homage to life,s greatest drummer.
Yours in anticipation Geoff Mountford.

> The Who Mailing List Digest
>  Wednesday, August 4 1999 Volume 06 : Number 186
>

> In this issue:
>
> 	Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #185
> 	Re: Pete /Times/Internet
> 	Virtual reality bites; early Quadisms
> 	Pete and his futuristic thinking/writing
> 	Pete and his futuristic thinking/writing  Part 2
> 	Re: Virtual reality bites; early Quadisms
> 	Re: Pete and his futuristic thinking/writing  Part
> 2

> MARK:
>
> << It reminds me sharply of those who take Al Gore's
> strong Senatorial support
>  for the funds which created the Internet and say:
> "Oh, Al Gore says he
>  invented the Internet. Ha ha ha!" >>
>
> Just to set the record straight, no amount of
> 'strong Senatorial support'
> could have allowed GORE to create the Internet; it
> was created by the
> Pentagon way before GORE came to Congress.  This is
> what makes GORE's own
> words so laughable - to quote him:  "It was as a
> result of my initiatives
> during my service in the U.S. Senate that the
> Internet was created."   Ha Ha
> indeed.
>
> Jim
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:40:40 +0100
> From: "Martin Bailey" <mobailey@cwcom.net>
> Subject: Re: Pete /Times/Internet
>
> > Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 09:49:08
> > From: jeff davis <jdworks@execpc.com>
> > Subject: The Times' Skewering
>
> >    Ouch.
> >    i must admit, i expected some backlash when i
> heard that Pete had
> > muttered words to the effect that he had predicted
> the internet, but...
>
> I don't think PT actually did ever claim that he
> invented the Internet.  I
> thought that this was just hype from Radio 3.  It's
> therefore even more
> annoying that The Times are attacking PT for saying
> it.
>

> > may remember the almost rock opera that spurrned
> "I'm a Boy."  I can't =
> > remember the name of it at the moment, but if I am
> correct, the plot =
> > line, which took place in 1999, was the story of a
> family who, by the =
>

> It was 'Quads'.
>

> BTW: there was a recent interview with RD in Record
> Collector magazine.  I
> didn't have time to read it all (I was flicking
> though a copy in the
> newsagents) but it mentioned Lifehouse.  Roger
> hadn't been invited to work
> on the project, and he made a snide (albeit
> accurate) comment about Radio 3
> only having an audience of 6.
>

> - -MB

> Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:25:49 -0400
> From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
> Subject: Virtual reality bites; early Quadisms
>
> >    Pete did, more or less, predict something like
> the internet
> developing.

> [...]
=== message truncated ===