Re: Pete /Times/Internet

> Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 09:49:08
> From: jeff davis <jdworks@execpc.com>
> Subject: The Times' Skewering

>    Ouch.
>    i must admit, i expected some backlash when i heard that Pete had
> muttered words to the effect that he had predicted the internet, but...

I don't think PT actually did ever claim that he invented the Internet.  I
thought that this was just hype from Radio 3.  It's therefore even more
annoying that The Times are attacking PT for saying it.

> may remember the almost rock opera that spurrned "I'm a Boy."  I can't =
> remember the name of it at the moment, but if I am correct, the plot =
> line, which took place in 1999, was the story of a family who, by the =

It was 'Quads'.

BTW: there was a recent interview with RD in Record Collector magazine.  I
didn't have time to read it all (I was flicking though a copy in the
newsagents) but it mentioned Lifehouse.  Roger hadn't been invited to work
on the project, and he made a snide (albeit accurate) comment about Radio 3
only having an audience of 6.

-MB