Re: articles

Well, I was hoping for some discussion of how a new TED album or tour might play in this landscape, but okay, we'll discuss Cher.

Actually, I was wondering how old McGee was.  Is 'hip' a current term these days?  Does anybody under forty understand it?  I do think he's right that lots of different age groups will show up at her concerts--all the old fans, and new ones, too.  She's got a hit song/video playing on VH1.  Remember what that article said about women buying more of the music these days?  The industry has noticed, and VH1 is marketing heavily to young gals, as far as I can tell, like with the Divas concerts (Anybody notice Elton John was one of the "divas" this week?) <grin>, and the endless Madonna programming.  Don't laugh until you see the take from her tour.

Comments from anyone on this in relation to TED now?

keets

>> Utsick and several other promoters also cite Cher's expected tour
to do well. "She's a wild card in that she truly spans several
>> demographics," said Sean McGee, president of the Houston-based Big
>> Bang Productions.  "Just about enyone from a '70s throwback to a
'90s club kid could wind up at one of her shows.  In the past few
months, she's gone from being more than an enduring icon.  She's back
to being extremely hip."

>Keets:
>
>I just have to ask...did the article say what drug this guy McGee was
on when he said this? `Cause I'd like to get my hands on some; I
haven't been that loaded in decades. Wait, I've NEVER been that loaded
in my entire life! I WISH!

>Extremely hip, eh? Jeez! Dan Quayle has a better chance of being
president than Cher has of being even slightly hip. I would say the
more truthful sentiment would be: "...truely bizarre due to extreme
plastic surgery."