Re: Mary

In a message dated 4/14/99 10.22.36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nycnash@yahoo.com writes:

> I've just gotten a copy of MARY and I can't seem to listen to anything
>  else.  It is so beautiful.  I would appreciate any facts regarding this
>  song, i.e. date of recording, is is about a real person in Pete's life,
>  etc.

The song Mary was recorded by The Who for Lifehouse but as far as I know The
Who's version was lost or destroyed, so all we have is a Pete Townshend demo.
I assume the demo was made sometime in late 1970/early '71. It's by far the
best Who song that I've never actually heard The Who play. The character Mary
was one of the main characters in the Lifehouse plot.

							Ty