Not that there's anything wrong with that...

> Personally, I've always felt that, by necessity, such strict adherence to
> rhyme scheme would ultimately limit true personal expression.

Eric:

Hear hear!

> Dickenson does - then why would you conclude that he is trying to emulate
> her??!!!!??.

Michael:

Whoops! Got him AGAIN!

> Hey, I like Ozzy Osbourne.  Great blues.

Keets:

But as a lyricist and musicwriter, he's not in PT's league...surely you'd
admit that. See below.

> still is The Who.  That, to me, makes them more influential and
> important than even the Beatles, whom I love.

Jim:

I think it's rather obvious, when looking at today's music. Even with the
recent influence of the ANTHOLOGYs, modern Rock owes MUCH more to The Who
than The Beatles (or Stones, for that matter).

> He may have heard of those Yanks (doubtful)

Paul:

Actually, since he went to Art School he probably did.

> It doesn't at all mean that Mark has a poor view of the highest form of
> non-visual art.

Besides, it was a joke (however successful).

> How can anyone say Ozzy's music is just that of an average joe?  His love
> songs are much more, uh, lovely than Pete's

Samantha:

I was thinking in particular of this line: "Generals gathered in their
masses/Just like witches at Black Masses..." which is very similar to the
also-mentioned Loverboy's line (both of which I find ridiculous): "You want
a piece of my heart/You'd better start at the start..." One would think
they could have found another word to rhyme with other than the same word
again, if they weren't average Joes. Don't even get me started on Steve
Miller. "Abra abra kadabra/I wanna reach out and grab ya..." (shudder)
I haven't heard many of his more recent work (it sells in here too fast),
since his second (and considered best) solo album...the lyrics of which are
also rather less than impressive.

> If Emily
> Dickenson's prose is able to reach you before Pete's, that means you can
> relate more to what she is saying

"Not that there's anything wrong with that." Jerry Seinfeld