The Who's Next Generation

I too am part of the next generation of Who fans and am myself a very small minority in the Who community.  I am sixteen years old, discovered The Who when I was 11, I am female, and I was not taught by my parents to love the boys, but rather discovered them by myself.  It is very stressful being a young kid into classic rock.  People call you hippy and beat nick, which I have learned are not very bad things at all.  My teachers and my friends parents acuse me of being born in the wrong decade.  But I can match wits with any one about Who trivia and constanly tell my friends stories about my favorite band.  I am a Beatles fan, I will admit it, but not nearly as big as I am a Who fan.  It constantly amazes me how people are ready to except a Beatle's fan with open arms, but a young Who fan is turned away as a misfit.  But I have learned to deal with this.  I have taught my friends that they are not a bunch of "old men" but that they are, in fact, the greatest rock and roll band of all time.  So the next time you find that there is a young kid making fun of classic rock, I subjest playing him\her a copy of "My Generation" and then tell them what year it was recorded in.  I promise you, it will change their outlook on classic rock forever.  And I am speaking from a personal point of view.  Thanks for listening.  Ta ta.                  -Jessi  =:o

Thought for the day:  What goes through a birds mind when he finds himself flying through a fire works display?