Rock is Dead They Say

I second this montion.  I think Roger's considerably responsible for The
Who's magic (mentioned in previous post).

Another thing that's been missed in this discussion: Pete Townshend
doesn't write rock music.  He just writes music, and it shifts in genre
according to the performance and the performers.  If you analyze it, it
turns out hard to classify.

keets

>It can go either way.  I thought the Daltrey Sings Townshend Carnegie
Hall shows were quite moving; it felt like hearing in reality the
majesty I'd heard in my imagination to The Who's music all these years.
OTOH, "Who's Serious" is a real mistake, if you haven't heard it
yet...an example of emasculating rock with classical instrumentation.