Re: Keith Moon Biography

At 9:53 -0700 10/8/98, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 23:28:35 EDT
>From: WhoGirl79@aol.com
>
>Hello fellow Who fans!!!
>     I am looking for a good biography on Keith Moon.  I haven't been able to
>find one in my town so if anyone knows of a good bio on him I could check out
>and where I could get a copy, please let me know!!  Thanks to all!

If this were a radio show I'd yell "SETUP CALL!".  A 570-page definitive
bio of Keith came out just a month ago.  It's _Dear Boy: The Life of Keith
Moon_ by Tony Fletcher, available from Book Sales Limited, 8/9 Frith St.,
London W1V 5TZ, UK, £20. It's excellent. Plans are to release an American
edition eventually.  Until a month ago, the best one (still a good read)
was _Full Moon_ by Dougal Butler, published in 1982.  Not exhaustive but a
series of anecdotes/ stories about Butler's stint as Keith's handler.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)