Re: Who firsts and Moon Wars

First off, I'm really digging the posts that have been popping up
recently.  Just wanted to run off a couple of responses before my boss
busts me again for fooling around.

1.  Who firsts - As Pete once wrote, "...we were the first band to vomit
in the bar and find their distance to the stage too far."
Aside from the obvious, (feedback, lasers, etc...) they were the first
band to turn up loud and have a basic foundation to their sound (loud
bass, loud drums, loud vocals, loud guitar) that has remained a staple
for EVERY GODDAMN ROCK BAND THAT HAS FOLLOWED SINCE!!!  This is such an
obvious achievment that The Who gets NO credit for it.  Other bands have
attempted to change the sound of rock (techno, post-punk, disco,
acoustic, etc....) but it ALWAYS comes back to the grass roots
foundation created by the Who.  How's that for a first?

2.  Moonie film - I agree with the person (sorry I forgot the name) who
said go ahead with a film, regardless of how sensationalist it may be.
Yes.  Saturation of Keith will build awareness and then possible
enlightenment.  Besides, if DeNiro handles it, it can't be too bad.

3.  Howard Stern may have ripped on Pete once or twice, but he's a fan
of the Who.  He refers to them as the "Great Who" and has referred to
Roger as the "great lead singer of the Who".  Howard's not all bad.

4.  Oh damn.  I gotta go before the boss gets a trifle angry.  Have a
great day all.

"Meet the new boss; same as the old boss."  PT

Jim in Chicago