Re: Moon film wars

Another thought on this:  Roger does seem to have quite a bit of
leverage here.  Refusing use of the music will likely stop DeNiro's
thing, but maybe alienate some important folks in Hollywood, and not
necessarily get the WB movie made, either.  Another option would be to
make funding and production for an Independent Channel movie the cost of
cooperation for the sensationalist one.  Hey, it's no worse than two
volcano movies, or two comet movies, is it?  In this case they'd more
complement each other than compete.

keets

>Actually there might be room for two Keith Moon films: one for the
>Independent Film Channel and one for the sensationalist, Hollywood
>crowd.  Roger would need help with the Independent art variety film, as
he doesn't have the same subtlety that PT has, but I'd like to see it
done--real classics tend to persist.  They've still got that fight about
the soundtrack, but Hollywood already handled that on some other movies.
We'd buy two CD's, wouldn't we?  Especially if Roger were to contribute
some new material.