Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #256

At 16:05 -0800 11/18/1998, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 21:52:44 -0500
>From: "jacqueline" <jacquelinek@monmouth.com>
>Subject: Sloop John Faces
>
>>> It's in there (the Face Dances reissue).  Keep listening.  Anyone?<<
>
>The beginning of Daily Records?

Dingdingdingding...We have another winner!!  Thanks for playing!!

>Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 23:17:13 EST
>From: Daswer@aol.com
>Subject: The Hundred Year War!
>
>>HAVE YOU NO SHAME?  AT LONG LAST, HAVE YOU NO SHAME??
>
>Okay.  I can't remember the guy who said it, but it was old Joe McCarthy who
>caught that one on the nose and man did he have it coming!!

And a third winner-historian to round out the evening!!  (I'm hoist on my
own petard here, I don't remember who said it, either <ducks, runs for
cover>)

>Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:04:35 PST
>From: "cole nelson" <glowgurrl@hotmail.com>
>Subject: re:Moon film wars
>
>In fact to be
>totally honest you people are the only people I know of who willingly
>without me forcing you (witch I am known to do with my friends who still
>resist) listen and enjoy and love the Who...[snip]
>I appreciate the music and if these people
>can't appreciate it as well it is their loss.

Is there a preacher in the house?  I'll be marrying Nicole shortly...:-)

>Back to my point. Who is
>this movie being made for? I don't imagine too many 15 through 18 year
>olds going to see it. Who's gonna go see it other than Who fans?

Good question.  Who fans will flock in their dozens to see it but I'll be
curious to know whether the film makes a profit.  Roger's veto or a Who
soundtrack is a pretty significant hit in the pants, I should think...

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)