Re: The Waste Land

Robert VanBuskirk wrote:

>One side says "Guaranteed Brand Spankin' Who", and =
>the other side says "Who Is Joe Suit?" Anybody got any info on this?

It's a secret message from Pete to his former dominatrix, one Madame
Ursula.  She dropped him for a new client, an executive type (hence
the "suit") named Joe.  Pete was angry about not getting his spankin'
and wanted to know who Joe Suit was to interfere.

Brian in Atlanta wrote:

>Roger Daltrey is scheduled to be a guest on "Late Show
>With David Letterman" on Nov. 24th along with Geena
>Davis and Martha Stewart.

Thanks for the info!  I will be sorely disappointed if Ms. Stewart
does not teach Roger how to make a charming centerpiece out of busted
microphones.  Then perhaps Rog could share a tasty trout recipe.  It
should be delightful!

McGoo wrote:

>Since I have been publicly
>defamed to all of the subscribers of the list, I feel that I have
the
>right to publicly defend myself.

Your defense does more to damage your reputation on this list than
the attempts of anyone else to defame you.  You, sir, are a snob and
an insufferable bore.  It's people like you who make intellectuals
look bad.

>If any of you are not the close minded moron that I have accused of
>being, you will pick up a copy of "Leaves of Grass," or "The Waste
>Land."  Somehow, I doubt that will happen though.  Because you are
truly
>the defensive, close minded ones around here.

I've already read them.  I suppose that makes YOU the closed minded
one for assuming otherwise.  Sadly, I doubt many people who have not
read these works will be encouraged to do so by your post.  If
anything, you are turning people against poetry.

T.S. Eliot's "The Waste Land" is, by the way, on my list of
recommended reading for all Townshend fans.  Also suggested is
"Revelations of Divine Love", by Julian of Norwich.

>I don't recall ever having defined what I think a musician is.

You don't have to define it for me, your other comments have outlined
your position well enough.  You have already revealed that you think
musicians are so rare that the odds of someone you're addressing on
this list being one are slim to none.  As people who compose, conduct,
 or perform music are by no means rare, you must be operating under
some alternate definition.

If I may be so bold, I would like to recommend that you take steps to
control your persecution complex.  I do not believe anyone here
sincerely wishes to see you dead (although I do not doubt that many
would like to see you gone from the list), but you compare yourself
to those martyred by the Inquisition and the Ku Klux Klan.  But if
you really feel that hated, then why don't you simply leave?
Unsubscription instructions appear at the end of every Digest, they
are there for a reason.

In closing, I'd like to remind everyone on this list that we're ALL
wasted. . .in our own special ways.

-Yellow "I've got a crucifixation" Ledbetter