Rock is Dead They Say

>There's no need, for it's extremely obvious that music was the primary
force in the social change in the `60's. You have the right to disagree,
but having lived it I've got to tell you you're incorrect...degree
notwithstanding.

This interesting subject was recently explored by a program on VH1,
though it unfortunately confined the history to American music of the
sixties and early seventies--no mention of British bands. (A
corresponding show regarding effects in Europe would be just as
interesting.)

I don't recall any other period in history where music might have been
such an important vehicle for politics.  There have been occasions when
it has been used for state purposes, but the movement in the 60's and
early 70's was unified and grassroots, and provided a voice for youth
that was unprescedented.  Is it the political movement that's dead
instead of rock music?

keets