Re: The Scene Club

Bruce re:

>Stoo, you are now an official member of the "I'm too anal club". :) Welcome.
>I have no doubt it is either the Railway or Scene but not having knowledge
>of the interiors I can't say which.  We should ask Max, since I'm sure he
>was at both.  I don't think I have the video you describe (we can work
>something out).

    Actually, Max has read the post and made no objections. However, I agree
we need some definite confirmation, here. Take a look at your "Maximum R&B"
book for convincing pictures of The Scene. (B/W photos of Richard Barnes,
Pete Meaden and The Who dancing and one other of the band playing).

>Again, let me welcome you to the "I'm too anal club". :)

   Why, thank you. Are there any fees? What is my membership number and at
what exact minute was I voted in? ;)

>Well you can do some dating by the fact that they play a version of You Really
>Got Me which came out in mid-Aug '64 and that they played twice with the Kinks
>that month.
>
>Again I would love for someone who is familiar with both clubs to give a
>rundown of each.

   Considering that, the 11th of August looks unlikely. Maybe we should take
this over to O&S now that the crap has quieted down.

Mark re:

>Anal you MAY be (I wouldn't call it that, unless we all are), but it
>makes for a great way to ferret out the facts! Congrats to your
>detective work as well.

   Thank you kindly, but, 'twas elementary, my dear Dr. Leaman. ;)

Stoo