Re: Scene Club

> No, that is much later.  That clip is from the NBC Today show broadcast from
> the Duke of York Barracks, King's Road, Chelsea 11/12/66.  See page 51 of Concert File
> for details.  The Lambert/Stamp film is all B&W.

Bruce:

Thanks. I don't have the Concert Files <hanging my head in shame>.
Again, I'd love to see an orderly release of the film footage. It seems
there's a LOT of stuff out there, and the bits on WBWB, TKAA, and 30
Years just whet my appetite.

> Apart from being speed corrected, is the DTKFC material any improvement in
> sound over the vinyl version?  Does it sound to you as if the cd was simply
> recorded from the lp, or perhaps from another source?   Just curious.

Mick:

It sounds the same, as far as I can tell without a pitch control on my
turntable. I don't hear any LP surface noise, so it's possible this came
from the source tape. I would think with 30+ minutes of material, there
would be SOME surface noise if it was taken from vinyl.
BTW, I don't mean to say the speed is absolutely corrected...it's a
guess at best, as you can imagine. It SOUNDS as right as I could ever
get it to sound with a pitch control. In all of it, no matter how I
adjust the speed, Daltrey's voice sounds a bit slow (or I should say
deeper than it should be). Either he sang that way on purpose, or that's
how it it came out on the film soundtrack. Either way, it makes it very
hard to use as a reference point.
But one song, at least, IS definitely slow: Here Tis (the live version).

--

            Cheers                ML

   "All the nonconformists are doing it."
                                 Hari Sheldon