Ultimate Band, the Virgin MG, Who's Zoo II

> for me the ultamate band would have five members

Dover:

The Who were already the ultimate Rock band. They needed no lead
guitarist, obviously.

> Vocals- John Fogerty- what a voice

Great voice but not better than Daltrey's.

> and last but not least - The Who sings My Generation

Gloria:

Just have to ask; since you got it at the Virgin store, was it on the
Virgin label (I know it's a vain hope, but...)?
Yes, I agree the Virgin LP version sounds the best, but still maintain
having the MCA CD is better than not having the music at all.

> I have Who's Zoo currently on order and should arrive soon.  I have it from
> a reliable source that it's very good.  After all, that's why I'm getting it.

Beau:

If you're talking about the recently released Who's Zoo II, yes it's
pretty good. It could be better, but it does feature some very important
(unreleased) tracks like the YMB which was SUPPOSED to be released on
the rereleased O&S and the best version of Magic Bus (stereo, about 1
minute longer, not brittle and metallic-sounding). Some of the studio
material is a bit dull and bassy, but that can be worked out with an EQ.
One live segment (US radio 1966) is offspeed (fast about 8%) but using a
CD player w/pitch, it sounds great. Better than you'd expect from the
era.
My only complaint other than these is they included tracks already
released elsewhere (WHO'S & TWO'S MISSING) and they left out the still
unreleased NYC Session tracks w/Leslie West: Won't Get Fooled Again,
Getting In Tune, P&E w/ Daltrey's ending vocal intact, and the unedited
Baby Don't You Do It.
But I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
I'm waiting for the mailperson to deliver the newest Who "import"
myself: Who Remembers The High Numbers. Which reportedly consists of the
tracks (said to be) from the Marquee Club 1965...I'll review how the CD
stacks up to the LP version (which is offspeed) here after I've had a
chance to listen to it.

--

            Cheers                ML

   "All the nonconformists are doing it."