Re: the ultamate band

At 17:53 -0700 5/14/98, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 06:31:03 -0500
>From: "Travis Kurth" <tkurth@ckan.com>
>
>My ultimate band would have four members:
>	drums - Keith Moon
>	bass - John Entwistle
>	guitar - Pete Townshend
>	vocals - Roger Daltrey

Exactly so.  That's one of the things that amazed me about the band when I
started investigating them...EACH ONE was the best at what he did...and the
whole added up to more than the sum of the parts.  I'm willing to live with
the slight hole in the lead-guitar department...any attempt to replace Pete
or add someone else in would detract from the overall effect.

>But what would I call it? :>)

The What you would call it? :-)

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)