Re: Guitar Poll again

Paul, re:
does anyone know where =
>Pete was educated? Was he trained as a classical musician like Elton =
>John etc.?

I believe our man Pete is very much a self-taught musician.  Got music in
his blood, though.  His old man was saxophonist in a WWII-era big band and
his mom a vocalist in that style.  Seem to recall reading once that Pete
taught himself to read music when he was attempting (to no avail) to write a
score for "Tommy" back in '68-69.

>I was talking to a friend of mine who is a huge Clapton fan, and he =
>reckons that Pete wouldn't stand a chance

Yeah, wouldn't stand a chance in a guitar-noodling contest.  Rock and Roll,
however is another matter.

Buck