Re: odds & sods

I got the new odds & sods and love it.  Love aint for keeping is awesome as I
had hoped it would be.  It's soo damn awesome, i'm speechless....
anyway here's a couple comments:
The bass is mastered great.  One of my first impressions was that the bass was
mastered pretty high, it rocks
I could swear that this version of 'too much of anything' is different from
the version on the who's next reissue.  The instrumentation seems exactly the
same but it's roger's vocals----i swear they are different.  I'm used to the
who's next version and i could just  tell that it must have been a different
rog vocal take.  Anyone else notice this?
Long live rock is mastered good and rocks, but the guitar in the left channel
seems to have more guitar noise, kinda scratchy like on the stone's 'brown
sugar' (not as scratchy as that one)
I'm pretty sure that leaving here and baby don't you do it are in mono, but w/
summertime blues i can't tell.  It seems like mono, but it might be
stereo,,,,either way it rocks.........'My Way' rocks,,,,wow they kicked ass on
this,,,sounds more like something from 1970 than dec. 67, which I  believe is
when they recorded it.
Couple more comments:
the packaging is pretty cool,,,the cd itself is probably one of my
favorite(out of the whole reissue deal) in terms of the design on it.  It's
cool that they put the braille bumps look on the back like on the original
lp,,,,my only gripe is that the liner notes are just a fold out type
thing,...but then again, this was just an 'odds n' sods' album, it's not like
you could write pages and pages about the philosophy behind the concepts of
the album,,,,,at least they put pete's original '74 commentary about the 11
odds songs in there.
Oh well,,,,,it's a nice treat out and out......(ESPECIALLY FOR US YOU CAN'T
AFFORD OR EVEN CANT 'FIND' ANY WHO BOOTS)

Dan