Pete Solo/Who

The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
> Hi,
> Regarding Dr. Jimmy's query as to what Pete songs would be big Who hits, I
> got to thinking.  We've got at least two songs I can think of that were done
> both by Pete solo and with The Who:  Empty Glass (on Empty Glass and Who Are
> You) and Pure and Easy (on Pete's Best and Odds and Sods).  If forced to
> say, I think I prefer The Who's Pure and Easy but I think I like Pete's
> Empty Glass best.  Any thoughts on that?
> Christy

Hmmmmm......I think Pete's Empty Glass cut is the better,
and it's obvious because it's the "take" version, as
opposed (to what seems to me) to the "rehearsal" version
of the same song on "Who Are You".

Pure And Easy - I like the version on the re-mastered
:Whos Next: best. I don't HATE Pete's version, but I
don't think it's better than the groups cut. IMO.

Maybe if I was to ask it this way.....
What Pete solo would be appropriate for
Roger to sing if it were to have been
given to the band....Having Pete sing