Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #154

Hello, Mailing List peeps the world over. Being in England, and being
poor, there's no chance I'll be able to make Pete at the Woodstock gig.
Shame, but that's poverty. Nor will I make Boston - which would be a
blast - reports pls of what happens there. Re: 2nd Charlton gig, Who Put
The Boot In Tour 76, I was there. And it WAS the loudest ever - took me
years to get my hearing back. I've just received thru post John's
limited edition album, The Rock, and can highly recc. it to all fans of
The Ox. Anyone have dates for Daltrey's US gigs? Any plans for any of
the chaps to play UK dates? :) Thanks.

>From thewho-digest-owner@igtc.com Thu Jun 25 06:43:12 1998
>Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 05:53:01 -0700 (PDT)
>To: TheWho-Digest@igtc.com
>Sender: TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com
>
>The Who Mailing List Digest
>  Thursday, June 25 1998  Volume 05 : Number 154
>

>In this issue:
>
>	Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #144
>	Pete at Woodstock
>	John's E-mail Address
>	PETE IS AT WOODSTOCK
>	woodstock
>	RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #153
>	Pete @ Woodstock
>	Re: PETE IS AT WOODSTOCK
>	Woodstock '98
>	Re:  Woodstock '98

>Hello everyone!
>
> I'm new to this list, my name  is Lukas. I like late sixties music &
early
>seventies.
> This record sounds cool, does anyone have it on tape or CD? Then I'd
like to
>trade for a copy, I have June 19 1969 Fillmore West approx 90 min and
April 5 (I
>think) 1968 Fillmore East approx 55 min.
> Well, It's a really nice list :-)
> Also, has anyone from The Who got an email-adress? It would be nice to
know
>about it then. Thanks
>Bye for now,
>Lukas Ljungdahl
>
>> The second Charlton concert May 1976 has been listed as the official
Guinness
> [...]
>From: Beau McCrury <Beau.McCrury@ucop.edu>
>Subject: John's E-mail Address

>This is the one that's actually working. <br>
>bitsamail@aol.com<br>
>The stuff in the attachment is old.<br>
>Beau (I need to get some filing done) McCrury<br>
>From: Beau McCrury <br>
>Subject: John's e-mail address <br>
>This is what I have: <br>
>STEF1BITS@AOL.COM, OR BITSAT@AOL.COM <br>
>Have fun! <br>
>Beau (Communication!) McCrury <br>
>&gt;Date: Mon, 22 Jun 98 00:09:31 EST5EDT <br>
>&gt;From: &quot;Dana &quot;Hart&quot; Deer&quot; <br>
>&gt;Subject: John's e-mail address <br>
>&gt; <br>
>&gt;Hey, does anyone out there know John Entwistle's e-mail <br>
>&gt;address? <br>
>&gt; <br>
>&gt;- -Hart <br>
>&gt; <br>
>&gt;------------------------------ <br>
>- ------------------------------ <br>
>Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:15:54 EDT <br>
>From: WHO6489@aol.com <br>
>&lt;&lt; Hey, does anyone out there know John Entwistle's e-mail <br>
>address? <br>
>- - -Hart &gt;&gt; <br>
>http://www.eden.com/theox </blockquote><br>
><BR>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:23:35 EDT
>From: QDPHENIA@aol.com
>Subject: PETE IS AT WOODSTOCK
>
>YES IT IS TRUE  PETE WILL BE AT WOODSTOCK THIS SUMMER
>ON THE SECOND DATE OF THE CONCERT. I'M NOT SURE OF THE
>DATE BUT I DID READ IT IN THE PAPER TODAY. TICKETS GO ON
>SALE SATURDAY.
>   IT'S GREAT THAT ALL THREE ARE PLAYING THIS SUMMER, BUT
>WOULDN'T IT BE A BLAST FOR ALL OF THEM TO PLAY ON THE
>SAME STAGE AGAIN.  CANT GET ENOUGH OF THEM.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:46:52 -0400
>From: F A Malisos <AMalisos@compuserve.com>
>Subject: woodstock
>
>Hey all-
>
>I wasn't alive during the time of the first Woodstock, but I was under
the
>impression that what made it so wonderful was the fact that it was
somewhat
>unorganized and unsupervised.  Now, they've recreated, and are trying
for a
>second incarnation.  Won't it loose some of it's 'magic' if you make it
>some event monitered by police and security?  Besides, the first one
was a
>gathering of acid heads in the name of peace.  Now, it's gonna be some
kind
>of trendy get together for people who think that they know the
importance
>of music.  Is it just me, or is this a desprate attempt for old times?
>However, I'm sure that Pete will make up for any flaws in the program.
>
>~Samantha

>Hello !!!!!!
>

>YES IT IS TRUE PETE IS GOING TO BE AT WOODSTOCK AND I HEARD SOMEWHERE
IN
>BOSTON TOO !!!!!!!!!!
>
>I CANT WAIT !!!!!
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:55:56 -0400
>From: Marc/Carolyn Hurwitz <MHurwitz@compuserve.com>
>Subject: Pete @ Woodstock
>
>This is the info I have on this question.
>It's from Reuters North America, dated
>6-24-98, and AP US & World, same date.
>
>- --Carolyn
>"How's it going to end?"
>******************************
>     Going Back to Yasgur's Farm ...
>     NEW YORK (Reuters) - Some Woodstock veterans will be getting
together
>again Aug. 14-15 at the site of the original Woodstock concert in
Bethel,
>N.Y.  It's being called A Day in the Garden and Pete Townshend of the
Who,
>Richie Havens, Joni Mitchell and Ten Years After -- all on the 1969
bill --
>will be playing. Also to perform are Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Lou Reed
and
>Ziggy Marley. The festival also will include a display of memorabilia
of
>the Woodstock heyday and seminars and workshops on the '60s.
>
>   BETHEL, N.Y. (AP) -- Rock fans who want to get themselves back to
the
>garden will need to dig deep into their pockets for this summer's
two-day
>musical bash at the farm of the late Max Yasgur.
>   The tickets are priced at $69.98 per day, a switch from the free
>celebrations of recent years at the natural amphitheater that was home
>1969's Woodstock festival. The 25-year anniversary shows in nearby
>Saugerties in 1994 weren't free.
>   The lineup for "A Day in the Garden" was announced Tuesday.
>   Woodstock veterans in Ten Years After will play on Aug. 14, along
with
>Ziggy Marley & the Melodymakers, Stevie Nicks and Don Henley. A day
later,
>Woodstock opening act Richie Havens will perform on a bill with Lou
Reed,
>Joni Mitchell and Pete Townshend.
>   "We're telling everybody, `Welcome back,'" said executive producer
Danny
>Socolof.
>   Well, not everybody. The original show drew 400,000 for three days
of
>peace, love and music. The two 1998 shows are expected to draw 30,000
>apiece. Tickets are to go on sale Saturday.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 03:41:49 GMT
>From: kob1@ix.netcom.com (Kevin B. O'Brien)
>Subject: Re: PETE IS AT WOODSTOCK
>
>On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:23:35 EDT, QDPHENIA@aol.com , late of Pablo
>Fanques Fair wrote:
>
>>YES IT IS TRUE  PETE WILL BE AT WOODSTOCK THIS SUMMER
>>ON THE SECOND DATE OF THE CONCERT. I'M NOT SURE OF THE
>>DATE BUT I DID READ IT IN THE PAPER TODAY. TICKETS GO ON
>>SALE SATURDAY.
>>   IT'S GREAT THAT ALL THREE ARE PLAYING THIS SUMMER, BUT
>>WOULDN'T IT BE A BLAST FOR ALL OF THEM TO PLAY ON THE
>>SAME STAGE AGAIN.  CANT GET ENOUGH OF THEM.
>
>Eh, eh? Speak up, Sonny. We can't hear you in the back.
>

>- --
>Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
>kob1@ix.netcom.com
>Half of the American people never read a newspaper.  Half never voted
for
>President.  One hopes it is the same half.
> -- Gore Vidal
>
>Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/

>Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 01:58:54 -0400
>From: rickradio1@juno.com (Richard D  Deyulio)
>Subject: Woodstock '98
>
>Hey all,
>
>Just thought I'd chime in with an update on Woodstock '98 in Bethel,
NY.