Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #147

At 12:53 PM 6/16/98 -0700, Martin wrote:
>The Wallflowers attempted to play the Who Classic
>"Won't Get Fooled Again" during their set at the Tibetan
>Freedom Concert Day Two.
>It was ok.

I saw a clip of this atrocity on MTV last night. It was all I could do to keep
from becoming violently ill. I'm *REALLY* glad I didn't pay to see that show.

>But their drummer couldnt match Keith's fury,
>and the singer's yell at the end wasnt very long.

What did you expect? It's the fucking Wallflowers! (sorry, couldn't help that
one)

>But the crowd was into it, so it was cool.

Couldn't have been cool - it's the Wallflowers!! (couldn't help that one
either) :)

We now return to your regularly scheduled Who (not Wallflowers) programming...

Steve

Steve Marshall
Editor - The Night Owl
<http://www.thenightowl.com>
Member - National Music Critics Association