Re: More Dr. Jimmy

> Once again, I am amazed at your optimism.  I almost wish that I could
> hold a similarly high opinion of humanity.

YL:

I DO wish you did. But in any case, there have been no documented cases
of anyone hearing QUAD, yelling "Rape," taking it literally and raping
someone.

> I think there is a wee bit of difference between simply cheering and
> happily yelling "Rape!"

You're splitting hairs, or are you going to say they didn't sing that
line where you saw the band? The point is people enjoy yelling what they
consider negative lines in Rock songs. Being a bit daring and dangerous,
you know. Until you show me one single case of someone hearing QUAD etc.
and then raping someone, I cannot believe anyone takes that line
seriously. I heartily endorse the note about Suicide Solution; who
believes Ozzy Osbourne caused the death of those two idiots?

> It is perhaps worth noting that the waste of skin sitting behind me
> also talked all the way through "Drowned", so I do not take his
> behavior to reflect upon Who fans in general.

There you are...you're getting there. Soon you'll consider them
enlightened.

> Perhaps you somehow missed where I said that the grammatical error
> could be contributed to poetic license.

No; I spoke to your mention of grammer. As for the rhyming, I've already
spoken to that...Pete presented a damned accurate picture of someone who
is drunk and raving.

> but would probably not be something one would listen to for pleasure.

Taken individually, perhaps not, but as part of the whole...obviously
so. At least I enjoy listening to it...

> "Dr. Jimmy"
> contains some wonderful lines, usually manages to rhyme, and is quite
> coherent.

You mean like: "You say she's a virgin/Well I'm going to be the first
in..."?

> It is not, in other words, something your average drunk or
> speed freak would be likely to shout out in the middle of a pub.

If they were angry about getting dumped? I myself have heard guys "going
off" on their ex-girlfriends. I'm telling you: I KNOW it happens, and I
also know they aren't seriously considering rape. They're just angry and
hurting.

--

            Cheers                ML