sexism in rock music

hey,

Not that I am a huge fan of female singers ( bands, etc), I've noticed many
women sing songs that have a horrible angst against men.  Do women think
that in order to make up for the time they've been "abused" they have to
treat men badly?  I am definately not sexist- 'cause I'm a chick!  By the
way, that term doesn't bother me....  would women rather be classified as
dogs?  At least chicks are cute,  as opposed to the nicknames we find for
men.  Another point, it's perfectly okay for women to organize the
exclusively female Lilith Fair, but I'm sure if men were to hold a concert
to celebrate masculinity, there would be someone complaining.  I am not
saying that women have not be supressed, but rather than living in the
past, we have to live for the future.

Very sorry you guys (girls, WHATEVER!) were subjected to my manifesto, just
some food for thought.

~SAMANTHA