Howard Stern (again)

Keith,

Re your comments on Howard Stern:

>"You say she's a virgin
 Well I'm gonna be the first in.
 Her fellah's gonna kill me
 Oh, fucking will he!" (Now that's kinda offensive, but I don't hear anyone
complaining)<

You have now.  I have *never* liked those lines, and in fact, used them
(and the following line, "Who is it? I'll rape it") as part of a report on
"Sexism
In Rock Music" that I cowrote with two friends back in 1984.  (Don't think
there were any other Who lyrics....)

I will say in Pete's defense, however, that those lines were sung by
Jimmy, a CHARACTER, with a personality distinct from Townshend's.
I don't believe that Pete actually feels that way about women...quite
the opposite, if anything!  If the Who's music all tended to support
the POV of "Dr. Jimmy/Mr. Jim", then I wouldn't be a fan.

And re Mr. Stern:  I think he's an asshole, and I wouldn't listen to him
(or Rush Limbaugh) if I were paid.  But he has a right to broadcast
within the F.C.C. rules.

--Carolyn
"When a man is a man, he doesn't act to a plan"--P.T.
"In case I don't see you...good afternoon, good evening, and good
night."--T.B.