Re: Stern & Townshend

> >TOTAL LOSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is only too obviously not true. Those who imitate him, on the other
hand...

> >He thrives on bashing people.

Stern thrives on being funny. The second he stops being funny, he'll be
off the air. This is a fact. Some find this sort of humor their cuppa
tea, others don't. A lot of Americans don't get British humor (humour)
either, but that doesn't mean it isn't funny.
I personally find the conservative commentators quite humorous,
especially when they're scrambling desperately to trash the President as
they have been for 7 years now, but I also believe it's quite proper
they are allowed to do this...so why can't Howard? Is it because he's
not a politician?
My advice: Don't listen. No one is making you.

> I think that Howard Stern is at best a loathsome and unfunny moron,

I don't know...this doesn't sound like the sort of enlightened attitude
I'd expect from a Who fan.

> So, my answer to the $20,000
> question would have to be "Howard Stern trashed The Who, their music,
> and their main songwriter because Howard Stern is a prat."

The problem with this is: he didn't trash The Who, their music, or
Townshend. Fred (Eric) Norris wrote a song parody which Howard said was
too much even for his show and quoted a few of the milder lines to show
what he meant.
As a matter of record, Roger has been on a few times and welcomed each
time. Pete would be welcome as well, if he approached it the right way.

> You'll find a good bit of information there (including some written by
> yours truly).

Which translates into: it's worth visiting just to read this part.

--

            Cheers                ML