Howard Stern Show

Derick wrote:
>Hi all, Was not too amused this a.m. when Howard and Co. made fun of
Pete in reference to his "I AM A WOMAN" statment of a few years ago. And
what was even worse aws that they trashed one of my favourite songs by
singing or making up a parody of "Behind Blue Eyes"! and made further
reference to doing the same with "Pinball Wizard",all it seems in an
effort to take the piss out of the Gay community or at least celebrities
who are Gay or had said something like what Pete did. I do not really
care what Pete's sexual preferences are or anybody's for that matter,but
when you start  trashing The WHO,their music,their main songwriter,I at
least have to ask why? I usually listen to Howard on a fairly regular
basis and I know that a lot of the show is centered around fun,but I
did'nt think that this was all that funny at all. Am I missing something
here? what do you think? Regards, Derick.<

I'm not a frequent Stern listener or even a fan of his, but I know
enough to know that his entire shtik is making fun of people, starting
with himself. If you've never been concerned before about him making
crude, tasteless, vulgar jokes about every possible group (ethnic and
otherwise) and individual, your righteous indignation that he is making
fun of Pete and The Who rings a bit hollow. If you think that Stern's
brand of humor is funny, you should be able to laugh no matter "who" it
is about. Be thankful at least someone is talking about The Who, and if
we're lucky maybe one of the boys will stop in for (another) visit at
some point on their respective tours.

Dave