Simon on Acousic Cafe

For all you Simon fans:

Someone mentioned back in October that the STB may be on acoustic cafe -- a
syndicated radio show.  Well, this is the week.  I guess the sow times vary
based on the market, and this may be to late for some of you to catch it
on your local station, but WXFM in Champaign, IL will be airing the STB
show on Saturday the 24th at 10:00am CT (I'm pretty sure about the time,
if it's not am, then try back 12 hours later).

And, if you don't live within range of there FM transmission, you can
catch them at http://www.webxfm.com and listen in using a real-audio player.

To make up for my procrastination of posting about seeing Simon in CA
(ie. because I wasn't procrastinating from my other work), I'll pass
along the lyrics to a song that wasn't on Amoung Us, but I would expect
to be on the upcoming album -- which I guess there going to be in the
studio taping next month.  I transcriped the lyrics recently, and there
are a few places where I couldn't quite figure them out.

The song is called "Tony with his shades on," but I could swear he
says Tommy in some of the lines (and to me, it fits):

	Enjoy,
	Bill

------
Tony with his shades on

  - so this one, uh
  - it's not about a guy named Tony
  - or about a guy with shades on
  - it's about my alter ego
  - 'bout my other side
  - it's called "Tony with his shades on"

	Tony with his shades on in the picture from a distance could be me
	Even with his hair back in his makeup he is hiding underneath
	If only for a moment
	If only for a second

	Tony in a mirror with his getup with his getup could be me
	Tony with his struts on in a mirror, Eric Clapton could be he
	If only for a moment
	If just for a second

	Whoaaa
	As though he'll e'er make a difference, yeah

	I swear I saw a ghost
	He came with his guitar
	And he played it like a star

	But what I love the most
	He played it from the heart
	Cause he wants to be the one
	Ohhh he wants to be
	Cause Tommy's got his shades on, yeah

	Tony in the picture from a distance with his shades on could be me
	Even with his hair back in his makeup he is hiding underneath
	If only for a moment
	If just for a second

	Whooaaa
	As though he'll e'er make a difference, yeah

	I swear I saw a ghost,  Whoa
	He came with his guitar
	And he played it like a star

	But what I love the most
	He played it from the heart
	Cause he wants to be the one

	Ohhhh, Tony's got his shades on
	Come on Tony

	Oh, Tony in the picture from a distance with his shades on could be me
	Even with his hair back in his makeup he is hiding underneath
	If only for a moment
	If just for a second

	Whooaaa
	As though he'll e'er make a difference
	{So}??? make a difference

	I swear I saw the ghost
	He came with his guitar
	And he played like a star

	Oh, but what I love the most
	He played it from the heart
	Cause he wants to be the one

	He wants you to be the one
	Do you get to be the one
	Feels so good to be the one
	Cause Tony's got his shades on
	Hey
	Ahh if only to make a difference, yeah

	Oh Tony, Tony with his shades on could be me

/* Bill Sherman  (wsherman@ncsa.uiuc.edu)                                */
/* National Center for Supercomputing Applications                       */
/* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                            */
/*     Og - "You want to do mankind a real service?  Tell funnier jokes" */
/*  Spinner - "but facts don't always reveal the truth"                  */
/*      Robin - "Yeah, but I always figure that's the writers' fault"    */