Re: covering the Who

<< Here's my take on a few:
 WGFA: No chance.  Too long; listeners lack the attention span.
 Can't Explain: I thinkt his would be a good one.  It's short, it's
 eternally applicable, and there's the commercial.
 ICSFM: My favorite, so I think any and everyone should do it!
 Seriously, though, it has universal meaning.
 AQO: Too much of a plot for kids to follow.

 Pete's personal songs may not make it as well; I think maybe the
 earlier, more pop-oriented material might fare better.  Hate to say it,
 but I'd shy off Tommy, except maybe "Eyesight."  I think 'Cousin Kevin'
 might lead to some interesting results, though.

 I think John's songs might hold out well, esp. My Wife. >>

I do not completely agree with you.  I do agree that My Wife and I can't
Explain hold up very well.  I think Tommy is still a major influence along
with Quad to most of the younger people I've talked (including myself since
I"m 17).  Won't Get Fooled Again is one of my favorite songs though.  I think
I Can See for Miles is good, but not a fav.  Of course My Generation is
another one of my favs since it can still be true today.  I've known no war
hits me well, because I can empathize since I really haven't known a major war
like WWII myself.  I also really like Baba O'Riley, The Seeker, and The Quiet
One.  What do the other young'uns think?

keep the faith,

Peggy
http://members.aol.com/whomods/reviewinfo.html