Classic Rock

> << recreate classic rock- does anyone think that this is possible to do??? >>
>
> No way.  Classic Rock wasn't just music...it was an era. I feel Recreating
> classic rock is impossible until time travel comes about.

You may be right, and why "recreate" anyway...I for one would rather see
some good NEW Rock. However there are plenty of newer bands out there
now who have at least based their sound on Classic Rock. You can't swing
a cat...
When The Who redid Saturday Night's Alright for the EJ tribute album,
they certainly recreated their personal "classic" sound very well. I DO
wish they'd create some new music which wasn't merely imitating a
current trend (why do The Stones spring to mind?)...but I'd be happy if
they fell back to their own unique Who sound as well. As long as they do
SOME new material!

>         Over here in LA it seems like classic Rock is as popular as ever

I sell more Classic Rock than new here (SC). Because young people buy
both new & old. Classic Rock is not just for "old people" anymore...

--

            Cheers                ML

 "There's a million ways to laugh/And every one's a path..."

            Pete Townshend