Re: Covering the Who

Maybe we should take a little poll here . . .
What songs do we think most young listeners today (because, let's face
it, that's who we're talking about selling to) would like?  I mean, a
song like 'I've Known No War' may not be as meaningful now.  As a
younger fan (21) myself, I know that the majority of listeners today
don't really listen to the lyrics, which is a severe drawback.

Here's my take on a few:
WGFA: No chance.  Too long; listeners lack the attention span.
Can't Explain: I thinkt his would be a good one.  It's short, it's
eternally applicable, and there's the commercial.
ICSFM: My favorite, so I think any and everyone should do it!
Seriously, though, it has universal meaning.
AQO: Too much of a plot for kids to follow.

Pete's personal songs may not make it as well; I think maybe the
earlier, more pop-oriented material might fare better.  Hate to say it,
but I'd shy off Tommy, except maybe "Eyesight."  I think 'Cousin Kevin'
might lead to some interesting results, though.

I think John's songs might hold out well, esp. My Wife.

Just IM very HO

Kevin Cherry