"dad rock"

Why would The Who or Pete Townshend want to make an album appealing to
"older fans." The Who originally appealed to kids, and has appealed to a
lot of new generations. Pete wanted to stop the group in the SEVENTIES
because he thought it was becoming nostalgic! I don't believe he would
ever intentionally make "old man" music. He did say "hope I die before I
get old," and some people don't get this, but he didn't mean literal
age, he  meant he'd rather die than become like the adults he saw around
him.
I'd like to see a Pete Townshend album of Lifehouse, if it can be
completed. This would be a worthwhile NEW goal. I don't see the value of
atatching the name "Who" to it, except money-wise.