new poll about new Who album; Lifehouse

I am strongly in favor of a new Who album.  Roger The Eternal Optimist has
said at least a couple times over the past fifteen years that The Who's best
work is still ahead of them, and I am inclined to share his enthusiasm!

Ty wrote:

>I think Pete Townshend should finish lifehouse and release it
>as a who album.  Then of course follow it with a tour.  Of
>course I'm just dreaming.

Your dream has SOME decent chance of becoming a reality, given Pete's
activities over the past decade.  The evidence:

1.  Pete agreed to dust off Tommy in 1989, proving that he still has a
strong interest in his old material (with the 1996-97 Quad tours providing
corroboration).

2.  His last three studio albums--White City, Iron Man, and
Psychoderelict--prove that he maintains a strong interest in concept/story
albums.

3.  Much of Psychoderelict, particularly its use of "Meher Baba" tracks and
part of the extended "Baba O'Riley", shows that Lifehouse remains firmly in
his thoughts.

4.  The poor sales for Psychoderelict have apparently prompted Pete to put a
solo career on the back burner.

My hope is a Lifehouse double album (with a few new songs fleshing out
Pete's current conceptualization) and tour in 2000-2001; I think Pete would
find the turn of the millenium to be an appropriate time for such
activities.  But there's no reason he can't do a completely new Who album
before then!

Rich B.