PBS History of Rock and Roll

A couple of years ago PBS ran a 10 hour, 10 part series on the history
of rock and roll.  They rerun the thing from time to time.  I've watched
just about the whole thing (fingers too tired to press "on" button the
night of the funk/rap segment).  I thought The Who might pop up during
the "blues influenced British invasion bands plus Hendrix" night, with
The Stones, The Yardbirds, Cream, The Animals and Led Zep.  No Who.
Thought they'd show up during the "roots of punk rock" night.  Back in
the late '70s, The Who was getting some credit for inspiring bands like
The Clash and The Jam.  Thought they might even get a mention on the
"art rock" night, given the bold artistic pretensions of Tommy.  Thought
they might get some mention in another one of the late '60s classic rock
episodes, but they didn't seem to.  Lesser and less influential bands
were given attention, while one of the most popular bands ever, and a
band inarguably at the crossroads of so many of these rock trends, got
no mention.  Did I miss an episode?  If they weren't included, has
anyone ever heard why the directors chose not to include one of the
first bands installed in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?