Date:  Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:50:46 -0500
From: amy benton and chris Banko <bankos@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Who-Digest - Number 1149

> Subject: Re: Bad Trader?
>
>    > Just giving anyone a fair warning.  (not sure if this is an
> >appropriate place, but.....)
>
> >Bill from Michigan
>
> IMHO this isn't such a good place to post such things.  My concern is
simply
> that one person's "bad trade" definition can differ dramatically from
that
> of others.  I bust my butt to return tapes quickly, to inform
potential
> traders of any deficiencies in my tapes, etc.  Yet I'm certain there
are
> people on this list who've been at least a little disappointed with
what
> they've gotten from me and vice versa.  Just because I'm not thrilled
with
> what I got or because there was a minor deficiency I wasn't warned
about
> doesn't mean I should publicly brand them as a bad trader.  I
appreciate the
> fact that you provided some context in your comments on this person,
and a
> two month delay is obviously pretty crappy.  I'd just hate to see
people
> follow suit by engaging in numerous public grudge matches about old
trades
> gone bad (after all, that's why we've got Whofans!).  Labelling
someone a
> bad trader in private is one thing...laying it out for hundreds of
people
> around the world seems ill-advised.
>
> Just my 2 cents...
>
> Chico Todd

Todd,

Normally I would agree, but the documented cases of "bad trading" are
too numerous to be just grudges or bitching about quality. I have seen
postings on websites about this guy(s). I chose to give him the benefit
of the doubt and came out 80% alright.

I will try to get the other two aliases mentioned for those interested.

Chris B