Re: Guitar Poll

> I'm sitting here listening to <The Music Must Change> and Pete plays some
> great jazz licks. He doesn't get much credit for soloing, but I suggest you
> check out the Pyschoderelict video, he plays some great solos

Kentavo:

The timing is a shame, but easy to chart how Pete's lead work improved
AFTER The Who broke up. Take the live Eminence Front from 1982, compare
it to 1989's version, and then compare that to the leads he played on
last summer's tour. Even knowing about the progress, I was blown away by
his playing in Raleigh 8/97. He IS a lead player, now. And the only 60's
era guitarist who has improved with age (that I can think of at the
moment).

> surely among the best ones. And he's an incredible acoustic guitar
> player

Lucas:

I second that! He's always been a better acoustic player than electric.
Another great example from the `97 tour: WGFA. I found the acoustic
version every bit as powerful as any electric version.
Although I must admit that Roger's acoustic The Kids Are Alright showed
HE is no slouch either.

--

            Cheers                ML

                                   Meher Baba