pete's playing

I'd like to respond to the question about Pete's playing.

>This is a new poll for all those Guitarists that enjoy playing Pete's
work.   I was curious to know what you think is his most impressive piece,
harmonically, or technically, or whatever.  I personally like his acoustic
pieces best, such as the acoustic guitar solo in "Overture" or "Sunrise."

 I also was curious to see how you compare Pete's playing to other
guitarists such as Jimmy Page, Hendrix, Clapton, or other guitarists from
the who's time.   One thing I has always liked about pete's playing is
that he isn't into really flashy solos.  I mean musically he is not
playing as fast as he possibly can.  Of course he is very visually
flashy. >

I'm sitting here listening to <The Music Must Change> and Pete plays some
great jazz licks. He doesn't get much credit for soloing, but I suggest you
check out the Pyschoderelict video, he plays some great solos, from
understated jazz licks to out and out feedback driven ballsy rock. Each time
I think he's lost it I have occasion to think that he's gettting better. The
first instance of this is on the 89 tour when he didn't do a whole lot but
play acoustic. But on the encore they played <Hey Joe> and Townshend jammed
for about ten minutes. It was amazing. Then on the Quad tour, he tore up the
solos on Love Reign O'er Me.>
As for his style - I think it's unique. And the songs are a lot harder than
they sound because he uses some weird chords. I recently bought two books of
the new Who anthology and put my guitar down in frustration because I
couldn't play half the chords, and I've been playing for more than ten years.

My two cents.

Kentavo