JP, RP, JPJ

Someone mentioned that they suspected it was Plant who wanted JPJ excluded
from the new works, and I would agree.  I think most poeple know about what
kind of person Page is, but Page also worked with JPJ long before Led Zeppelin
came along.  Plant came from the boonies with Bonham and never really had any
kind of relationship with JPJ, who was and still is just a quiet studio
bassist who can really play the bass.  Either way, fucking up JPJ's song (No
Quarter) on their album in 95 was not cool.  I thought the whole Page and
Plant thing was great, except going overboard on African musicians from
seemingly every African nation...but they really did fuck up No Quarter on
that album, which is too bad...either way, Jones' talent at bass cannot be
avoided...somebody really doesn't like him, because he really is a great
bassist.-Josh