Who influence

Just to add to the pile of how the Who have influenced modern day rock music, I would like to share this story:
    One night a friend and I decided to go out and get something to eat.  On the way back home, we stoped to get some gas.  I happened to be wearing my Who shirt from the Quad tour (the white one with the blue around the sleeves and colar and the bullseye in the middle).  When I walked into the station to pay for the gas, the guy at the counter (who happened to be very cute, but I digress) who was probably no more than 5 years older than me, which would make him about 20, leaned over to look at my shirt.  "Ah, The Who," he said, "At first I thought that was a Pearl Jam shirt."  "No,"  I replied, "But they were influenced by The Who."  "Yes, I know.  That one track on Vitalagy (he said the number of the track, but I can't quite remeber it) they took that opening chord progression from The Who, right?"  Needless to say, I would have been very happy to stand there all night and discuss The Who's influence on Pearl Jam, but my friend was ready to go.
    So, you see, The Who are wildly recognized for their influence b the people who listen to the music of today.  I hope this helps prove a point.  Ta ta.                                 -Jessi  =:o