Super Szymczyk

Then Carolyn Hurwitz said:

>ROFL!  Perhaps if we say his name backwards, he'll
>disappear. <g>

And in the most recent digest I've received, Mark replied:

>We can only hope. But I can't even say it forwards. Swizzleshtic?
>Smiztech?
>
>Beetlejuice?

I want to thank the two of you most sincerely more some very hearty
laughter!   : D

I suspect, however, that many of our comrades won't get it.  I'd be happy to
explain.

Superman has this impish foe, from a magical dimension, named Mr. Mxyzptlk
(sometimes the "p" and "t" are reversed, which aids in pronunciation).
"Mixy," as he's often called for short, is more a troublemaker than actual
villian--and far less menacing to Superman than was Roger Daltrey.  The only
way for Superman to get Mixy to disappear for a few months is to somehow
trick him into saying his vowel-deprived surname backwards.

I'd also be willing to explain the Bizarro episode of Seinfeld and its
Superman link, though I don't think I can tie it to Roger Daltrey or anyone
else in The Who...

Rich