All the Whos down in Whoville

> I checked the lyrics on the album sleeve and there is no punctuation.

Bill:

THAT helps!

> After singing it to myself a few times I came to this conclusion:  it
> makes no difference whether a period or a question mark is used.  The
> meaning is not significantly altered switching from one to the other.  If
> anything I might be tempted to use an exclamation point!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way I read it is as a plea to a supreme being, he wouldn't use "God
Help Me" at that point but instead just "Help Me" or even "Please Help Me"
(to make it fit). Course if it's not a plea to a supreme being, it doesn't
matter.

> I agree with most of this.  "Cache Cache," "Did You Steal My Money," "How
> Can You Do It Alone" and maybe "Daily Records" are all pretty weak by Who
> standards.

Strangely, I like CC & especially DR, but the other two...yesh! Up for
"worst Who song ever" IMHO. Along with Don't Look Away. Actually, when WAY
came out I thought: "This is a good half an album," and when FD came out I
felt pretty much the same way. Although I confess to liking ALL of the
songs on FD except DYSMM and HCYDIA, they are certainly not up to Pete's
best and all of them would benefit from some powerful guitar.

In the meantime, and not knowing exactly when these digests will come out,
allow me now to wish a great holiday season to all the "Whos down in
Whoville," no matter what holiday you choose to celebrate...fer Gawd's
sake, at least CELEBRATE SOMETHING! As Frank Zappa once said: "It's F-ing
GREAT to be alive!"