"May I be matched with you again" and Indigo Gals

>>>"...may I be matched with you again?  Without your match, there is no
>>flame."  PT
>
>I think "may I be matched with you again" is punctuated by a "." not a "?";
>it's a prayer, not a question, like "may God bless us every one" shouldn't
>have a question mark.  Anyone else care to weigh in?

   You're right there, don't let them tell you otherwise.
   What he means, folks, is the sentence is not a question posed to someone
but a wish,
 as in, "May the road rise to meet you",  or, "May I never get spammed by
Marylin Manson."
 Another example would be "May the force be with you."
    i, too, believe that's the way Pete wrote the line, it's a syntax
difference, but i think adds a shift in meaning here.

>Yay! Another Who fan who digs the Indigo Girls! I thought I was the only
>one. Thank you Jeffree!

  You're most welcome,  FlyingE. You might be interested to know that i've
met a fair amount of music fans and what's funny to me is that Indigo Girls
have some rabidly dedicated fans out there, just like some Who fans, and
further that almost none of them are otherwise interested in that "genre" of
female folkies. i know one guy who played with a speed metal thrash band,
likes Gang Green, King Diamond and the Misfits,  who has all their stuff; i
know a woman who loves them, the Cure, Depeche Mode, Bauhaus and that ilk;
and i know a guy who loves them, James Taylor, Billy Joel, Dan Fogelberg,
and stuff like that. i know some people are wretching and vomiting at one or
another of those lists, but that proves my point. Some bands transcend their
"genre" and pull in fans who like totally desperate types of music. i think
the Who are like that, judging by the "Who Likes Who" thread. The "genre"
the Who fit into best would probably be "classic rock" but if you look at
the lists people submitted you'll note bands as varied as Frank Zappa, Bon
Jovi, Husker Du, Emerson Lake and Palmer, and the Indigo Girls. Odd and very
very cool when a band can have appeal like that.
  And, yes, we all agree that labels suck, "genres" are illusuory and evil
instruments of 'Music Industry' suits and ultimately stifle creativity.
That's exactly why i brought it up. Most cattle in this country see The Who
as a "classic rock" band,  Indigo Girls as "feminist folk" or some such, and
in both cases the bands, while admittedly fitting those categories to a
certain extent, are so much more and so much better than the typical Bad
Company or Jewel that seem to define the "genre".  Enough said. Glad to hear
you appreciate them too! i do think most of their stuff is quite excellent.

   Have excellent holidays, all............. i'll be listening to
"Christmas" from TOMMY all week.

         peace&anarchy, jeffree