Who Likes Who Else....

Hey gang......Here's my faves for your ridicule:

Pete solo
Beatles
Stones
Zeppelin
Zappa
They Might Be Giants
The Cure
r.e.m.
Grateful Dead
Husker Du
Ramones
Marillion
Igor Stravinsky
Van Morrison
Laurie Anderson
Nirvana
Bad Religion
Big Country (no really)
Dexter Gordon
indigo girls

   Incidentally, in the recent Husker Du discussion as to their best
records, let me toss in my two cents... if you like them and haven't yet,
you need to hear "The Living End". i think its the best for newbies because
its a nice overview of their carreer, if somewhat heavy on the Warehouse
stuff (which was recommended as a good first record to hear). i agree with
those who thought "Zen Arcade" and "Land Speed Record" are a bit more for
hardcore fans than newbies. Great albums, but tough to get into on first
listen. Kind of the difference between giving someone, say, "Who's Next" to
listen to as their first Who record and, say, "Quadrophenia" or "Who By
Numbers". See the difference, or is it just me? "Tommy" was my first
exposure to the Who (aside from radio) and when i first heard "Quad" i was
blown away by its complexity and many layers... took me a dozen or so
listens to digest it, and i'm still discovering aspects of that incredible
record. And while i still love "Tommy", i don't think its nearly as complex
or fully realized a piece of art. i guess i'm inviting criticism here now,
aren't i? Sorry, that's the truth as i see it....

   As for my list, i know its odd, but those are the artists i own several
things by, and continue to look forward to hearing new things by. (i.e., i
don't own everything by some of those artists yet).

           peace&anarchy on earth and goodwill and greatsex to you all this
wholiday season..................jeffree