who love songs

Happy Holidays to you all,

I've been skimming through the messages, so I may have missed it, but has anyone mentioned "SEA AND SAND"?  To me, this is the ultimate Who love song, and for a long time I've kinda felt it's also the quintessential Who song.  What I mean is, if someone who had never listened to The Who asked me to play only one song to convey what their music is like, I'd pick that one.  I'm no music expert, so this may sound corny, but here goes.  I feel Roger's singing there is as good or better than on any other tune.  Pete's guitar ranges all over the place, from quiet solo to amazing power chords.  John's bass is so powerful and has such a presence too.  And listening to Keith you hear both his ability to let go to wild abandon and his ability to control.  Not to mention the beauty of the words, or the place the song immediately takes me too.  I feel I'm on the beach there, each time I listen.

I'd be curious to hear what you all think of that idea -

Christy