Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #265

> I'm quite new to this list, so I guess I can ask:
> what what would be the typical taste of people on this list, that
is, other
> than The Who et al. ?

Being a college student, I would like to say that I have a very broad
taste of music for my age.  Love the Who (duh).  Other favorite band
would have to be U2.  Third place is a lot harder, with bands and
artists like:

Jimi Hendrix, Rage Against the Machine, Beastie Boys, Every British
Invasion band (almost every), CCR, Allman Brothers, the Dead,
Mettalica, Soul Coughing, lot's of the grunge bands from the early
1990's (highschooler at the time), Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, the
Doors, Crystal Method, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.  Basically,
the only types of music I'm not into are top forty country (Travis
Tritt, Garth, Shania, although I like Cash and Willie Nelson) And R&B
(Boys to men, puffy, yuck)

I went to see Pearljam last summer (big fan) and I wore my 97 Who tour
shirt. Needless to say I felt like a million bucks when they played
"Leaving here" towards the end of their show, with Eddie Vedder making
a Who reference before playing it.

If you ask me for a connection between all of these bands, I'd be the
last guy to be able to tell you what it is, so don't ask me.  I like
them for different reasons, but they all rock, whether it's with a
turntable, synthesizer, or guitar.  Rock is still Rock, no matter how
you dress it.

                                                   Leej