McGoo's Lament

I was cleaning out my trash directory and found this written by Mr. Sigel:
Oh come on now McGoo.  If you think I was serious, I'd like sell you my secret Martian diary.  Don't feel too bad though.  You're the second person to point out that Ole Scarface Al was dead before Keith ever saw a set of drums.  Apparently, this joke was launched from a ramp; how else could it have gone over so many people's heads?

> Did you know that Al Capone had his favorite Tommy Gun
> designed to look like Keith Moon's Pictures of Lily drums?

I'm not sure if this was a joke or not, but Al Capone died on January 25,
1947.  Keith Moon was not born until August of that same year.  I'm not sure
why I didn't notice this earlier, but better late than never, right?

-McGoo