Re: Who likes who ?

Heh, heh.  This survey should be really funny.

I personally have broad taste.  Actually anything with harmony and
rhythm suits me, but I'm especially partial to cross-genre music which
combines elements in a creative way.  I'm a classical music fan of long
standing, and had a fit for modern jazz/new age music back in the
eighties.  Generally I like folk and classic rock, though my taste has
changed from "soft" to "harder" rock over a period of years.  Since
swing era jazz is back in style, I've been checking that out lately, and
found some things I like.  I enjoy bluegrass country (is that jazz
based?).  Haven't decided about rock 'n' roll country.  Sometimes like
alternative.

I'm least likely to enjoy noisy opera, classical music before they
discovered chords, random improvisational jazz, crying-in-your-beer
country, chaotic heavy metal, repetitive mechanical backing tracks.
<sigh>

I've got some really killer classical stuff.  Wanna hear about that?

keets

>From: "Rene Bos" <renebos@prodigy.net>
>To: <TheWho@igtc.com>
>Subject: Who likes who ?
>Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 19:14:45 -0600
>
>hello again,
>
>I'm quite new to this list, so I guess I can ask:
>what what would be the typical taste of people on this list, that is,
other
>than The Who et al. ?
>
>Of course "other music" is a classic/frequent topic at mailing lists as
>this, but I'm
>_really_ curious a) to discover b) whether my taste coincides slightly
with
>"yours", particularly because if I mention I'm *also* into The Who (for
>almost 2 decades now) on the 3 other mailing lists I'm on, I'm really
on my
>own down there!!!
>In fact, my ex-girlfriend shared *scaringly* almost *all* my musical
-widely
>differing!! - obsessions except "The Who", and she kept on "confusing"
The
>Who with Deep Purple; *sigh*.
>So, please, somebody give a shot at characterising the musical taste of
>Who-fans on this list; cause, at the risk of sounding snobbish, I
suspect
>mine is pretty different from "the typical Who fan", whatever that
means.
>My "obsessions" are: first&foremost Peter Hammill / Van Der Graaf; then
in
>no particular order Nick Cave, Nick Drake, Scott Walker,
Siouxsie&Banshees,