Re: The Who in Memphis and Nashville

On 08/29/98 07:25:58 you wrote:

>Nashville
>They didn't perform there until July 28th, 1968 at the Municipal
>Audiotrium, but they did recording there for "The Who Sell Out" on August
>15th and 16th, 1967.
>
>				-Brian in Atlanta

They didn't play the above show in Nashville.  I looked through the Tennessean
and Banner papers for the entire summer and no Who concert was listed.  I also know
that the Municipal Auditorium had no files of any such show and they kept good records.
Plus when they demolished the auditorium a couple of years ago the paper had a cover
story that talked about all the famous performers who had played there (Elvis,
Stones, etc) and The Who were not mentioned.  The above date appeared in a Rolling Stone
article which I believe had some other inaccurate dates in it.

Bruce

PS Brian talk to JM about it. :)