PPV review as it happens!

-- BEGIN included message

Hello Fellow WHO Heads,
     And so begins a new chapter in the O&S mailing list. Let's hope we all
stick to the main topic of conversation, OK.
     As I write this, I am watching (and recording) the Isle Of Wight PPV.
Oddly enough, the sound mix is different than the CD AND the Japanese laser
disc.
The bass and guitar are now panned to their respective channels (everything
was in the center on the laser disc), BUT the vocals and drums are kinda
muddy, and the stage chatter is low and hard to hear in spots. For some reason
the crowd noise is noticably turned up. Even though they are muddy, it sounds
like the drums are in stereo now.
     The video runs for an hour and a half and is identical to the Japanese
version (except the sound of course) All in all, I'd say it's a little better
than the laser disc, but not by that much! It will be replaying Monday night
(Aug. 31) at 9:00 & 10:30 PM (I think)
     In other news, I just picked up the "Taking The Capitol" CD. I know the
King Biscuit CD is supposed to be out soon, but it was cheap ($20), so I
grabbed it. It's not the greatest sounding boot, but worth the low price.
     OK, I'm done
        Keith

-- END included message